- How many students do you accept per class?
- What are your hours of operation?
- How often do your classes start?
- How do I apply?
- Who can I contact to ask questions?
- When are your next enrollment periods?
- Do you assist with the job placement of graduates?
- How do I become a licensed hairstylist after I graduate the program?
- Do you offer financial aid?
- What is the Dress Code for students?
- Do you accept transfer students?
How many students do you accept per class?
Class sizes are maintained to create a low student to teacher ratio. This is a hands on profession; therefore, by maintaining small class sizes we ensure that each student is given the personalized, quality training necessary to ensure that they meet their goals and potential.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours, your school day, is 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. It is 9am-5pm during module 1 and 2, and rotating between 9-5pm and 11am to 7pm in the third module.
How often do your classes start?
Our classes commence every other month. Ex. November, January, March, etc.
How do I apply?
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to come in for a tour of the Institute, meet the instructors and review our program information package.
- You must have a minimum of a grade 12 education or GED, or to take an inhouse acceptance test
- A copy of your transcript
- Submit a completed General Information Form, which is provided in the information package.
- Have an interview with the institute director.
- Submit a letter of recommendation.
- After your admission has been approved an Application Processing Fee of $500 will be required to reserve your seat for selected class.
Please note: Different standards apply for international students. Please contact us to go through these details.
Who can I contact to ask questions?
You can call the Institute Coordinator at 519-743-8892 from Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time. If for any reason we are not available, please leave a message or send us an email and we will be sure to get back to you within 24 hours.
When are your next enrollment periods?
Please contact us to find out when the next available start date is, as availability changes frequently.
Do you assist with the job placement of graduates?
Our students are in very high demand. Your access into our “professional academy” web site will connect you to our career board with many job postings from employers all over the region. As a student or alumni this will always be a continued service to you.
How do I become a licensed hairstylist after I graduate the program?
In order to receive a Hairstyling License in the province of Ontario, you will need to complete 1500 hours of classroom/practical instruction and complete an in-salon apprenticeship of 2000 hours. After the completion of your Classroom instruction and 2000 hours of on the job training, a written exam would need to be passed to receive your license. Voila Institute’s Hairstyling program covers the complete 1500 hours of classroom/practical instruction.
You must register yourself with the nearest Apprenticeship Office at the beginning of your employment to ensure that the hours worked will be recognized as part of your 2000 hours of in-salon apprenticeship.
To find out more information about apprenticeship programs please visit:
Do you offer financial aid?
Voila is a recognized OSAP school
What is the Dress Code for students?
Students are advised to dress fashionably as they are entering the beauty industry. There are no uniforms, however, ripped or torn clothes as well as clothes that do not adequately cover the body are not permitted. The way you dress is a presentation of yourself, and we are professionals in the beauty and fashion industry.
Do you accept transfer students?
Students requesting a transfer from another Private Career College should contact the Institute Coordinator at (519) 743-8892 from Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.